Thursday, April 13, 2006

"WHAT HAS HAPPEN TO BLOGIN?"

I always thought that BLOGIN was a means where one could spew out their thoughts and engage in conversation with others. What some of our local blogs have turned into are "HOME PAGES" dedicated to some sort of self gratification numbers game. The authors just seems to want to put themselves on a pedestal and seem more interested in advertising themselves than engaging in true blogin. Hell, on some of these self gratifying "HOME PAGES" (not to be confused with true blogs) You can't even submit a comment! Lets stay focused on Blogin and the purity of the blog. I am more interested in what YOUR thoughts are, not the thoughts of someone else....if I want that sort of article I can read the newspaper!
What Do You Think? It's Your Dime!

1 comment:

John said...

I spew my thoughts. I also link to my work. As it happens, in many cases, my thoughts are my work. So, yes, it is a bit of self-promotion, no issue there - but I'm not quite sure I see the problem with that. It's not as if I force anyone to go look at my photography . . . or read the blog for that matter.

I think it's lame not to allow comments, though.

Anyhow, I don't talk about local politicas that much because, much as in the public arena, it doesn't lead to much discssion, just defensiveness and barbs, so I don't really see it as worth devoting space to. I'm glad you do, though.