Tuesday, June 19, 2007

" 2012 "



This picture has nothing to do with 2012 but is put here because you can't add pictures to the comments section in blogger. Why not?...one may ask? It is intended for my good buddy Dwpittelli over at http://woodedpaths.blogspot.com/
OK, back to the blog......
Today I am feeling a little physiological so let us jump right in!
What is the reason that we have Government or Governing Bodies in the first place? Why do we need them? What purpose do they serve? Why is it that when you finally get a system that works, you have to insert Politicians to gum up the works?
Just think what could be accomplished without the interference of Politicos. If those with the power to make a positive difference did so. Protecting us from the bad, the greedy, and the selfish elements, that are ever present and are constantly looking for an opening to stick it to us. Well welcome to AMERICA! Yup, I can't see our existence going beyond 2012. What do you think?

3 comments:

DWPittelli said...

Beautiful foxgloves (Digitalis), I presume.

I like several of the noble, slightly difficult, tallish spike-flowered perennials, such as those. In my new garden (owned 11 months) I am very excited that I now have some Delphinium and Lupinus I bought at the North Adams Garden Club sale last month (each just started blooming in the last few days). I like Digitalis just as much, but don't happen to have it yet. It appears that all three of these genuses do a bit better here than in the suburbs of Boston, I imagine due mostly to slightly reduced heat and humidity.

I don't know about commenters' pictures -- might look into it. My latest post is on the Best Man's Toast - not a plant, although it might be a good name for one.

Southview said...

You are correct dw. But there is a very funny story behind them. Being that the border of the drive-way was barron of any color or annunciation, I decided to indulge myself and Fix the problem. So, with the helping hand of my Cousin from Nelson,BC Canada, I decided to foray into the land of Herbs. ( She is a full blown Herbalist with a black kettle to boot, I call her the family witch. She can cure a anything and puts drug companies into a panic when they see her! :~) ) Anyway... I planted several types along the border of the driveway. Well... The people that did the yard work were throughly into their job....the weed whacker ate most of my garden. What you see are the survivors. I haven't given up and will add more this year. Herbs not only are good for something but they are a nice flowering plant, that most people don't know about.

DWPittelli said...

I don't think I'd recommend using foxglove as an herbal remedy. It is the source of digitalis, an important heart drug which has saved many lives. But it is a strong medicine / deadly poison depending on exact dose.