Monday, March 12, 2007

" GOOD OLD NORTH ADAMS "

I had to laugh the other evening when I was reading the Transcript article about how John III got all bent out of shape because the "lets develop the area, gang" didn't show up at City Hall with an oak leaf cluster head ban and a marching band paying tribute to our own "decider". Seems if they don't check in with him first and get his stamp of approval then it is a no starter and can't possibly succeed, ergo the Town will not have anything to do with it, much less he give a speech and share his experiences to help out. All that being said"

What everyone else seems to understand is that this is "NORTH ADAMS! No matter how you flower it up, paint, sell $300,000 condos (I gotta get me one of those before the rush starts), advertise, try to make us look like Williamstown, or South County or some other ritzy neighborhood, the fact remains....we are who we are and we just don't fit in and never will. We should feel lucky that they were willing to include us at all,..... I guess we don't have to worry about that anymore!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are who we are??? we don't fit in??? Fit into what??? Try walking with your head up ! Don't you remember how the south county snobes used to look down their nose at us??? Not any more. Now it is Cractons ( Pittsfield )turn.Look at your tax bill and tell me how you can bitch !

Southview said...

He, He, He, What?...Do you really think we have obtained the SNOB STATUS? North Adams will never be allowed into the Williamstown, South County Snobberium Club, well maybe if we use the service door? Do you really want to be a member? What is wrong with your head? Don't you realize that it is all phoney, a make believe, selfserving state of mind? Usually practiced by people that have a very low esteme of themselves and need to boulster their short commings with delusions of grander? Strutting around all pompus and smug..... And as for your low taxes...just look at the Town jobs and services that we lost and the out-sourced to pay for those low taxes. Son, it didn't happen by magic, and it wern't free!

Anonymous said...

Jobs lost for lower taxes...my oh my Me thinks me smells a liberal here.Do you think that the governments job is to provide jobs? Doesn't it bother you that so many of these people are out on some form of disability and working somewhere else??? Or better yet running marathon races? Why aren't nonpublic employees allowed to suck up social security and work somewhere else? Connecticut finally did away with the so called heart and lung law that lets fireman retire because of high blood pressure which in most cases is controlable with medication.High blood pressure from being a drunk,over weight,a cigarette smoker and you get to retire??? How sweet it is.
As for snobbery I could care less what someone else thinks as I have no control over their thoughts.I once had a girl friend from Stockbridge that had the nerve to ask me not to tell any of her limp wristed little friends that I am from North Adams. Needless to say I gave this girl the boot in short order.As for wanting to be a member...no I don't want to be a member of anything. I like to keep my life private and laugh when dealing with these types because I have done thing in my life that most other people don't ever get to do.Less government is better and bluest of blue states is living proof or should I say dieing proof? Why is Massachusetts so business unfriendly? Lets see,can't even open a business without some jerk telling you what color the building must be? Need I say more?

Southview said...

Actually, anyone on SSI is allowed to work up to a certain amount of $$$ and then they start to recoup the money dollar for dollar.

What is your point? What are you trying to say?