Sunday, July 06, 2008

" CAT FOOD AND CANDLES "

I don't know about you, but I am stocking up on cat food and candles. After going over my bills I have had to face the reality that this coming winter is going to be disastrous. I, as well as the rest of you are going to have to make some very sobering choices. This is not The American Dream I was looking forward to in my later years. The problem is that no matter what you do to try and save, conserve, use an alternate, or relinquish altogether......it still cost you big sums of money with no place to turn for help. So I am stocking up now, before the run starts on cat food (I don't own a cat) and candles and the price goes up any further......What are you doing?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sadly we've been preparing for this economy for years and as such feel that we are in pretty good shape for this winter. Our one weakness is electricity, we haven't removed ourselves from the grid - yet - but that day is coming.

I do think that we will see a major shift in American's attitudes and policies in the following spring and the future will be brighter - in a kind of what doesn't kill you - makes you stronger way.

I will be very interested to see how the "creative economy" makes it through the next year or two.

Anonymous said...

well if you need candles check them out! high quality low prices...hah... hopefully the economy picks up soon