Monday, August 27, 2007

" TO BE OR NOT TO BE - A CITIZEN? "

To start out your week and get those thinkin juices a workin, I thought a question that has been bothering me ever since this ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION ISSUE has come to light. The main thrust of the issue is "Why should someone become a citizen JUST because they are Born here?" I was surprised to learn that not only does this apply to the fifty states but also to our territories as well. What is the rational behind "ius soli?" Shouldn't Citizenship be based on "ius Sanguinis" instead? (I learnt me a some new words today) Anyway, I don't think it is right because it only encourages ILLEGAL Immigration for the sake of circumventing the law. I am not talking those born of legal immigrants wanting to become citizens and going through the process of naturalizing. What's your opinion? It's Your Dime?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would imagine that the rule of all those born in this country are automatically citizens is much better than having to a determination on each birth - especially as government corruption creeps deeper and deeper into our system. I'm surprised that dubya didn't go after nullifying this law while he Fredo to run diversions for him.

What doesn't make sense to me is all the time and money that is being wasted on the whole immigration problem. If that time and money were put into processing the requests, instead of arguing over fence or no fence for example, for entry into this country, I'm guessing the number of illegal aliens would drop dramatically.

Southview said...

I am not against citizenship at birth for LEGAL immigrants, but why should we extend the same rights to those born of people that are not even trying to become citizens? It seems to be counter to all that is rational and the purpose of our immigration laws. This is just another "loophole" that should be closed immediately by our servants in Washington. I don't beleve for a minute that anyone in this country, that doesn't have a vested intrest in ILLEAGLE IMMAGRATION, is against Immagration or the laws governing it. Hell, we are all immagrents, the only true blue real citizens are the Indians and their desendants. I hate to keep spewing about our brokin government, but damn, when are we going to get some realistic governing by our elected official servents that reflect the true feelings of the people and not those reflecting the bottom line of some special intrest group?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Can you explain why you removed a post? What happened to free speach?

Southview said...

It was not a post, it was a SPAM ADD!